Warning: Potential SPOILERS for Nightwing #103DC’s most stylish team, that Titanshave united for a gala-inspired portrait in a new Nightwing cover over. The latest in a series of Nightwing and Titans covers by artist Travis Moore, this art will have fans convinced that this superhero team is ready for the red carpet.
Travis Moore’s new Nightwing variant cover art was released with DC’s April solicitations, which included information on Nightwing #103. The cover – the latest in Moore’s series of team-bonding covers for the critically acclaimed series – sees Nightwing and the Titans dressed to the nines, more ready for the Met Gala than a battle with Deathstroke.
The cover, of course, has Dick Grayson in the middle, sitting on a sofa with Starfire. They are surrounded by their other teammates, all dressed in formal wear: Donna Troy, Raven, Beast Boy, Cyborg, and Wally West. The women in particular are dressed in floor-length dresses, adorned with sparkles and feathers and more. Check the requested information for Nightwing #103 below.
- Written by TOM TAYLOR
- Art by TRAVIS MOORE
- Cover by BRUNO REDONDO
- Backup written by CS PACAT
- Backup art by EDUARDO PANSICA
- Variant cover by TRAVIS MOORE
- Variant cover by JAMAL CAMPBELL
- 1:25 variant cover by VASCO GEORGIEV
- 1:50 foil variant cover by TRAVIS MOORE
- Superman variant cover by NICOLA SCOTT
- $4.99 | 40 pages | Variant $5.99 (card stock)
- FOR SALE 18.4.22
- Who is the laughing man who always laughs no matter what he does, even when he murders people, and what kind of deal did he make with Nero? Nightwing and the Titans better find out shortly before they lose one of their team members…
- Then, in the backup, Nightwing continues his lessons in mentoring Jon Kent, aka Superman, and this time it’s all about using your detective skills instead of your fists.
Nightwing and the Titans are DC’s Premier Team in 2023
This cover reveal comes on the heels of Nightwing #100 by Tom Taylor, Scott McDaniel, Eddy Barrows, Mikel Janín, Rick Leonardi, Bruno Redondo, Javier Fernandez, Karl Story, Joe Prado, Eber Ferreira, Caio Filipe, Adriano Lucas and Wes Abbott, an issue that sees major changes in Nightwing and the DC Universe’s status quo. Justice League, disbanded in the wake of Dark crisis, has asked Nigthwing and the Titans to step up as the new leaders of the superhero community. The team, of course, agrees, and is now building a new home base (in the form of a Titans tower) in Nightwing’s hometown of Blüdhaven.
The Titans have been a fan-favorite team for decades, and it’s refreshing to see them reunite as more of a team of heroes than teachers from the doomed Teen Titans Academy. And these Titans fans have loved Travis Moore Nightwing covers that usually depict Dick Grayson and his team having a really good time together, and this new cover is no exception.
The Titans have always been more of a family than the Justice League, and these covers represent that familial spirit – and this new gala-inspired cover shows what a great family they really are. Nightwing maybe leading the new leading team in the DCU, but that doesn’t matter Titans don’t know how to feel good either.
More: Nightwing just got his own version of Batman’s classic Knightfall story
Check out Nightwing #103available from DC Comics in April!