English professional footballer Anton Walkes was a member of Charlotte FC squad. He played either as a defender or midfielder. Walkes made his first team appearance with Tottenham Hotspur, where he started his career. He then spent 2017 on loan at Atlanta United. He then played for League One side Portsmouth for the rest of the 2017–18 campaign before becoming a permanent member of Portsmouth in July 2018. Before moving to Atlanta United in January 200, he made 35 League One appearances for Portsmouth. He signed a contract with Charlotte FC in 2022, and he played there until his passing in 2023. According to the MLS team, Walkes died “as a result of an accident in South Florida.” Anton Walkes dies on January 19, 2023 at the age of 25.
How much money did Anton Walkes make?
One of the richest footballers, Anton Walkes had a net worth of 5 million dollars at his passing. His primary source of wealth is his football profession and that is how he acquired this fortune. He also stands to earn a considerable amount of money via endorsements, contract bonuses, sponsorships and other sources. According to the website transfermarkt.com, his biggest market value per 9 November 2021 €1 million.
Although the details of his specific salary are still unknown, there is no doubt in the minds of his followers that he earned a considerable amount of money from his professional job. It can be assumed that his current club paid him between $500,000 and 1 million dollars yearly. On 18 July 2018, Portsmouth said Walkes has signed a two-year deal with a third-year option for an undisclosed fee.
you may like: Thanasi Kokkinakis – Bio, Net Worth, Age, Girlfriend
How did Anton Walkes die at the age of 25?
On January 18, 2023, Anton Walkes was in Miami, Florida for Charlotte FC’s 12-day training camp. He was injured in a two-boat collision near Miami Marine Stadium around 3 p.m. Eastern Time. He was immediately taken to hospital, but died of his wounds the next morning. He dies at the age of 25 on January 19, 2023. (Thursday). His MLS team Charlotte FC made the announcement in a post on social media. Club owner David Tepper issued a statement saying: “Everyone at Tepper Sports & Entertainment is saddened by the untimely death of Anton Walkes.
What was Anton Walkes famous for?
- Footballer Anton Walkes was from London, England.
- During his career, Anton was known to play for the teams Tottenham Hotspur, Portsmouth, Atlanta United and Charlotte FC.
Anton Charles Walkes, who went by the name Anton Walkes, was born on February 8, 1997. He was an Englishman from London. Walkes is of mixed ethnicity and holds British nationality. He is of Jamaican descent. He had kept his parents’ names secret. When he scored the game-winning goal against the San Jose Walkes in 2017, his parents stayed up all night to watch and celebrate. On February 8, 2022, Anton celebrated his 25th birthday for the last time. His star sign was Aquarius and he identified as a Christian.
Anton Walkes started playing football in July 2013 when he signed with Tottenham Hotspur. On 21 September 2016, he faced Gillingham in the EFL Cup and made his first team debut. He then appeared three times in Uefa Youth League group stage while he was captain.
He extended his deal with the team on September 27, 2017 for an additional two years, keeping him on board through 2019.
Atlanta United (loan)
- On 26 January 2017, prior to the club’s inaugural season, Walkes joined Major League Soccer club Atlanta United on loan. He played in his first match against New York Red Bulls. On 5 July 2017, in a 4–2 win over the San Jose Earthquakes, he scored his first goal for the team.
- On 1 August 2017, his loan at Atlanta United was extended until the end of the campaign. On September 14, 2017, he scored his second goal for the team in a 7–0 win over the New England Revolution.
During his 2017 season, he made 20 appearances and scored twice in all competitions.
- He signed a loan deal with EFL League One side Portsmouth on 29 January and made his debut against Doncaster Rovers on 3 February. He was sidelined for the rest of the season with a hamstring injury. During his loan, he played 12 games and scored one.
- Portsmouth announced on 18 July that they have signed Walkes on a two-year contract with a third-year option for an undisclosed fee. He played for the team that won in 2019 EFL Trophy final on 31 March.
- On January 9, 2020, Walkes made his way back to Atlanta United in Major League Soccer. In a 1-1 draw against Motagua in CONCACAF Champions League on 18 February he made his club debut.
On December 14, 2021, Charlotte FC selected Charlotte FC Walkes in the MLS Expansion Draft. In the club’s first season, he started 21 of the 23 games in which he appeared.
- Anton Walkes Transfer News for 14 December 2021
- Portsmouth on 18 July 2018 Atlanta United FC on 9 January 2020 Portsmouth on 29 January 2018 on loan
On loan to Atlanta United FC from Tottenham U21 on 26 January 2017
Anton Walkes Transfer News
- Charlotte FC on 14 December 2021
- Atlanta United FC on January 9, 2020
- Portsmouth on 18 July 2018
- Portsmouth on 29 January 2018 on loan
- Atlanta United FC on January 26, 2017 from Tottenham U21 on loan
you may like: Miomir Kecmanovic: Bio, Age, Height
Football player Anton Walkes had a nice athletic build. He measured 1.88 meters tall. 82 kg is the weight of his healthy physique. His black hair was complemented by dark brown eyes. His other body size has yet to be revealed.
Facts about Anton Walke
- In 2013, Anton Walkes’ football career started with Tottenham Hotspur.
- On December 14, 2021, Charlotte FC selected him in the MLS Expansion Draft.
- When he was born on February 8, his horoscope sign was Aquarius.
- Anton Charles Walkes was his real name.